OTLA Conference - Speaker & Presentation Information
Please send AV materials to Darlene McCormack, Conference Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
PowerPoint & Videos
- We can now accept both PowerPoint slide sizes | Standard (4:3) or Widescreen (16:9).
- If your PowerPoint includes any embedded audio or visual files, please send these files separately in addition to your PowerPoint file, or they are unlikely to open properly during your presentation.
- You are expected to obtain any permission required to use and display such files.
- We prefer that you use our laptop for a smooth transition between speakers as it will be controlled from our AV technician at the back of the room.
- If you have concerns with this or require any additional AV equipment, please notify Darlene McCormack as soon as possible.
NEW: Tips to Impress, as a Speaker
Be the Best Speaker You Can Be! - Best selling author and speaker Garr Reynolds provides great resources on his website.
OTLA Members (Attendees)
- Are well educated professionals.
- Have high expectation from speakers when attending an OTLA Conference.
- Strongly suggest using a PowerPoint to support your presentations.
- Keep text on slides to a bare minimum - should contain only point form.
- Don't read your slides word for word.
- Slides should only provide you with a reference/hint to assist you in your presentation.
- Presentations should be an overview of your in-depth paper.
- Don't read your paper word for word.
Practice your presentation:
- This will assist in estimating the length of your presentation - to stay within the assigned length of time
- Practicing will assist you in sounding professional , prepared and composed.
- Please arrive at least 30 min. ahead of your presentation and check in at the registration desk.
- There will be an area reserved for speakers inside the room.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to your participation!